Thursday, October 9, 2008

One Month

It has been one month since we have arrived. It is truly amazing how much we have accomplished...apartment, phones, internet (a long painful process), jobs... And then the simple things that we take for granted like...successfully mailing a package, successfully receiving a package (it arrived today-thanks Peggy!), buying meat at the counter, opening a bank account, understanding the transportation, ordering food at a restaurant, even doing laundry!

I sometimes forget that we have moved across the globe only a short time ago. I have to take time to remind myself that it is OK if I don't get as much done as I plan in a day, it is OK to sleep past 7am every now and then, and it is OK if I don't speak fluent Hungarian yet. (Hungarians will tell you that I will be lucky if I ever speak fluent Hungarian.)

Well, we are off to Ikea. We have our first visitor arriving on Thursday and we need to pick up a few things. Katlin, Steve's host sister from Estonia arrives on Thursday! She will stay for the weekend. We are very excited for her to visit!

this morning: shopping at the market
(click on the photo to enlarge in a new window.)

3 comments:

Jane said...

you have created a life in a totally new country. i am impressed and envious. so glad you are enjoying it.

love the market picture!!

grandma J. said...

sounds to me that you two have it all together. enjoy what you have done.

grandma j

Unknown said...

Hungary looks awesome!
Marlene