Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunny Day

Today is a beautiful day! The sun is bright and sunny and there is no rain...yet...a few photos taken yesterday.

Steve and Diane in front of Gerbeau
Budapest's most famous café is Gerbeau. The fine old building, dating from 1858, is known as a Kaffeehaus,but it also has a restaurant, pub and take-out shop in its several interconnected rooms. The two main rooms face Vorosmarty Square in the heart of the city.
One of the many Markets in Budapest. We found the most amazing store in the basement! It was called "The Chinese Shop" and they had all sorts of imported foods and the most amazing selection of spices! (I will take a photo of the spices next time.) The selection of spices made the spice selections in the USA look tiny. I don't think I have ever seen so many kinds of curry's! We found tortillas, marshmallows and all sorts of Asian foods!



I love this car! How happy the yellow makes me:)
The below picture is not from Budapest or even taken by me. My Grandma Jordan sent this to me. These are so veggies out of Grandpas garden. I just love the colors-I think these peppers and the yellow car above look great together!
Hopefully Internet will be up tomorrow. If so, we will post a blog from home!
Also, tomorrow we start Hungarian lessons...wish us luck!

No comments: