Friday, December 4, 2009

Ho! Ho! Ho!

I had a great day today that I want to share with you.

I am a member (and board member) of the North American Women’s Association (NAWA). We work with two groups of people-children and seniors. This time of year is very special for NAWA members. We put together gift bags full of candy and toys for the children, and blankets, coffee and chocolate for the seniors. We then visit the orphanages and nursing homes, dress like Santa and deliver the gifts.

Today we had a short board meeting and then we were heading to the nursing homes. During the board meeting Susan (who was suppose to be Santa) mentioned that the costume was too big for her-did anyone else want to be Santa. Honestly, I don’t know why my hand went up but the next thing I know I am dressing in a Santa suit.

I have been trying to get into the Christmas spirit this year...there is no better way to get out of the rut of “Bah Humbug” then to dress like Santa and receive, smiles, hugs and kisses from 50 seniors. It was a fantastic and exhausting day. We walked from room to room singing Christmas carols, handing out mandarins, bananas and gift bags full of goodies. The ladies and gentlemen were so touched by our intentions. There was huge smiles, bits of laughter and a few tears. It was an amazing day.

Santa and fellow NAWA members


No comments: